How to Get to Temple Micah
Temple Micah is located 2 blocks south (downhill) of Massachusetts Ave. at 2829 Wisconsin Ave. N.W., between Fulton and Garfield Streets. The numbers in diagram below are Metrobus numbers.
From Bethesda, Maryland (or I-495) (via Wisconsin Ave.):
- Take MD-355/Rockville Pike South, which becomes Wisconsin Ave. N.W.; Temple Micah is approx. 6.7 miles inside the Beltway. Temple is on the left 1-1/2 blocks past Massachusetts Ave.
From Northwest DC (via Massachusetts Ave.):
- Take Massachusetts Ave. N.W. to Wisconsin Ave. (approx. 2.4 miles from Western Ave.).
- Turn right on Wisconsin Ave. N.W. Temple Micah is in the second block on the left.
From McLean, Virginia (via Chain Bridge):
- Take Chain Bridge (N. Glebe Rd.) into DC
- Turn right onto Canal Rd N.W., travel 0.4 miles.
- Make first left turn onto Arizona Ave.; continue 0.8 miles until stop sign at T-intersection.
- Turn right on Loughboro Rd.; Loughboro Rd. becomes Nebraska Ave.; continue for total of 0.7 miles until Ward Circle.
- Make first right at Ward Circle onto Massachusetts Ave. and continue to Wisconsin Ave. (approx. 1 mile)
- Turn right on Wisconsin Ave. Temple Micah is in the second block on the left.
From Alexandria, Virginia (I-395) (via Rock Creek Parkway--cannot be used in morning, weekday rush hours):
- Take George Washington (GW) Parkway North (if coming from I-395: exit left onto GW Pkwy just before the 14th St. Bridge) towards Memorial Bridge.
- Follow signs to Memorial Bridge (first bearing left from GW Pkwy).
- Cross Memorial Bridge and take first exit on right onto Ohio Drive and bear left to follow signs towards Kennedy Center and Rock Creek Parkway.
- Continue on Rock Creek Parkway past Kennedy Center and Watergate.
- Take right exit toward Massachusetts Ave. N.W. on Waterside Dr. N.W.
- Turn left on Massachusetts Ave. and continue 1 mile.
- Turn left onto Fulton St. N.W. and continue to third stop sign (Wisconsin Ave.)
- Turn right on Wisconsin Ave. and Temple is in next block on the right.
Our parking lot is south of the main building and is accessible from Wisconsin Avenue and from the alley between 36th Street N.W. and Wisconsin Ave. On-street parking is is also available on Wisconsin Ave. other than during evening rush hours. Handicapped parking is in the rear of the building. Other parking in the rear is reserved for the staff.
Take Metrorail to the Dupont Circle stop (red line), then take the N2, N4, or N6 Metrobus west up Massachusetts Avenue stopping at Wisconsin Ave. Walk 2 blocks south on Wisconsin and Temple Micah will be on your left. OR take Metrotail to the Tenleytown stop (red line) and take a #30 bus down Wisconsin Ave. to the Temple.
You can take Metrobus 30, 32, 34, 36 (and 35 during rush hours) from Friendship Heights, Foggy Bottom, Tenleytown, Capitol South, Farragut West, L'Enfant Plaza, and Federal Triangle.
You can also walk (about 20 minutes) from the Woodley Park-Zoo/Adams Morgan stop, but it is mostly uphill.
For current Metrorail fares, see Metro website for more details.
Several members have volunteered to help those attend Temple services who might otherwise not be able to. If you wish to volunteer to lend a ride, or need assistance attending services, please contact the TM office.