Donate To a Temple Micah Fund
When you reap the harvest of your land you shall not reap unto the edges of your field; neither shall you glean the loose ears of your crop; you shall not completely strip your vineyards nor glean the fallen grapes. You shall leave them for the poor and the stranger. (Leviticus 19:9-10)
Celebrating a birthday, anniversary, Bar/Bat Mitzvah? Baby naming, wedding blessing, graduation? Remembering a Yahrzeit of a loved one or someone recently deceased? Want to thank or honor someone? Please think of Temple Micah and make a donation to one of our many funds.
You may donate to our Funds in two ways:
- You can now make donations online safely and securely with PayPal, using your credit card or existing PayPal account.
- Download/print the donation form and mail it in with your check to Temple Micah.
The following is a listing of Temple Micah’s various Tzedakah funds and their functions.
- Building Fund: maintains our building.
- Cemetery Fund: provides for the purchase of burial plots and funeral services for needy Micah congregants as well as for special items for the Temple cemetery.
- Endowment Fund: secures the financial future of the Temple by providing income for major projects and insures that we have funds to meet any unforeseen event.
- Fox/Mehlman Scholarship Fund: provides scholarships and grants for educational programs not offered at Micah.
- General Fund: supports all services and programs in the Temple.
- Israel Fund: supports social welfare, Reform movement, culture and education in Israel.
- Kallek Adult Education Fund: supports adult education programs.
- Building Connection: helps complete the expansion of the building.
- Landscape Fund: provides for the purchase and maintenance of plants and trees for the Temple garden.
- Library Fund: helps increase and care for collections in the Temple library.
- Music Fund: provides special music and equipment to enhance the beauty of our services, as well as the purchase of musical instruments.
- Prayer book/Chumashim Fund: enables us to purchase prayer books and Chumashim.
- Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund: enables the Rabbi to provide financial assistance and support special programs.
- Religious Objects Fund: permits the purchase of religious objects such as new Torahs and their ornaments, a Temple Menorah, Kiddush cups, a wedding Chuppah.
- Religious School Fund: provides for materials and support special programs for children and professional development.
- Social Action Fund: supports our efforts to help charitable institutions and community project.