Sponsors annual ski trips, typically for a week in January to Europe or the western US.
Next Outing: Thinking About 2014!
Ski Club members, back from our Jan. 26-Feb. 2 trip to Snowbird and Alta in Utah, are talking about our next adventure in early 2014. Most votes so far favor a return to Europe, particularly France. Courcheval and Megev have been mentioned often. However, all ideas are welcome. Nothing is foreclosed. And new recruits have a special invitation to join us.
For more information, contact the skiclub.
- January 1999: Our first group trip, we traveled to Val d'Isere, France before the Great Snows.
- January 2000: We returned to the French Alps to ski the beautiful Three Valleys at Courchevel, France. In February 2000 we traveled to Hidden Valley (Pennsylvania, about 3½ hours from DC), for a family ski weekend.
- January 2001: We traveled through Venice to ski Cortina, Italy, and there was a February weekend trip to Hidden Valley, Pennsylvania.
- January 2002: We returned to Val d'Isere, France.
- January 2003: We went to Davos, Switzerland.
- January 2004: We traveled to Verbier, Switzerland.
- January 2005: We traveled to Morzine, France (on the border with Switzerland), to ski the Port du Soleil area.
- January 2006: We traveled to Baqueira/Tanau Spain to ski the Spanish Pyrenees, staying at the Hotel Melia Tanau. The trip included roundtrip transportation from Barcelona, our jumping off point.
- January 2007: Twenty of us (our largest group ever) traveled to Kitzbuhel, Austria, staying at the Hotel Maria Teresa. The trip went through Munich and many took day trips to Salzburg and Innsbruck because of snow conditions.
- January 2008: Ten of us hardy souls traveled to Banff, Canada, staying at the Brewster Inn, and skiing at Lake Louise and Sunshine Village ski areas. The entry city was Calgary.
- January 2009: We returned to Europe and the Alps to the Italian ski resort of Courmayeur on the French border. The popular French ski resort of Chamonix is on the other side of the mountain and the group traveled through the Mont Blanc tunnel to ski there one day.
- January 2010: We enjoyed an excellent week of skiing in the French Alps Jan. 23-30 at Megev, a ski resort on the French side of the border with Italy not far from Chamonix.
- January 2011: We journeyed to Switzerland, skied the terrific slopes at St. Moritz--and window shopped throughout the exclusive town.
- January 2012: For the third time, we skied Val d’Isere, France, the only venue we’ve returned to twice!
- January 2013: For a change of perspective, we went West rather than East and skied Snowbird and Alta in Utah.