All the staff at Machon Micah are looking forward to an enriching and fulfilling year of learning this coming year. Our program will meet in person and we will continue to offer our virtual one-on-one “E-vrit” tutoring, which has been a vital part of the Machon Micah learning program for more than a decade.
Please refer to the chart below for an “at-a-glance” view of our plans:
Temple Micah membership is required for enrollment in Machon Micah. For more information about joining Micah, contact Jeannelle D’Isa.
All first time families enrolling in Machon Micah should schedule an introductory meeting with our education team prior to completing the registration form. Contact Director of Education Sharon Tash to set up an appointment.
To view the most up-to-date class schedule, please see our Calendar.
Questions? Contact Sharon Tash, Director of Education.
To register for Machon Micah, please login to your ShulCloud account.
Once you are logged in:
To begin the enrollment process, click on the Machon Micah image on the homepage, OR navigate to “My Account” on the menu, then click on “Start School Enrollment.”
If you did not receive an invitation to join ShulCloud via email, please contact email@example.com.
Machon Micah students in grades Pre-K-7 engage in a lively curriculum which covers Jewish holidays and traditions, Torah stories, Israel, Jewish values and various aspects of social justice. They also have activities involving music, Israeli folk dance, Jewish-themed yoga and art. Students in grades K-2 learn Hebrew letters and are introduced to rudimentary spoken Hebrew in the highly enjoyable “Ivrit b’Ivrit” virtual learning program.
Students in grades 3-7 learn Hebrew decoding and prayer-based Hebrew during their weekly “E-vrit” one-on-one virtual tutoring sessions. These sessions also include Judaica instruction. Hebrew skills are reinforced during in-person classes.
In anticipation of b’nai mitzvah, Machon Micah 6th graders also learn Torah trope on Tuesday afternoons.
1. All Machon Micah teachers and classroom assistants will be required to be fully vaccinated by the start of the Machon year
2. All teachers, parents and students will be required to wear masks all the time while indoors. Masks should meet the following requirements:
3. Students and teachers will wash hands thoroughly with either antibacterial soap or hand sanitizer when coming into the building, when using the restroom, after group activities and before AND after eating
4. All singing aloud must be done with MASKS ON. Boker Tov and Erev Tov will be modified for COVID but they will still have music and a spiritual component
5. Activities that imply aerobic exertion such as Israeli dancing will take place outdoors employing social distancing or we will not hold them during the fall semester
6. There will be no dedicated activities involving food indoors during Machon Micah class time (including bagels on Sunday morning). Tuesday afternoon classes will include a short break time when students will be able to have a snack (brought from home) outside
7. If any adult or child exhibits cold symptoms, please do not come to Temple Micah. These symptoms include the following:
8. If any member of the Machon Micah staff OR your child tests positive for COVID, they may return to Machon Micah after the following conditions are met:
Boker Tov: Led by Rabbi Beraha and Machon Staff, Boker Tov is a lively morning program filled with learning and song. Parents join their children on Sunday morning at the start of class for the first thirty minutes at Temple Micah.
E-vrit: One-on-one online Hebrew tutoring for students in grades 3-7. Each student meets with a tutor for 30 minutes per week. E-vrit tutoring includes Hebrew instruction and lessons around Shabbat, holidays, and Torah stories. Fun fact: E-vrit is a pun on the Hebrew word for the Hebrew language, ivrit.
Ivrit b’Ivrit (Hebrew in Hebrew): Tuesday afternoon interactive virtual Hebrew class from 5:00 to 5:20 pm for students in grades K-2.
Machon: A place of learning.
R2B: Reason to Be – Teen learning for students in grades 8-12. R2B meets Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8:00 pm.